Saturday, December 19, 2009

Homeward Bound

Hola peeps!

It's been a while since we last talked. Mind you my blog reader tells me I'm not the only one neglecting their blog around these parts.

For the most part I spent the last week on a business trip in the Rockies. When I booked my hotel I enquired about wi-fi and brought my laptop to blog. But the signal was so bad I couldn't even get a page to load. Hence the silence on the blogging front.

The short of it is that there have been some yummy eats . . .













And my puppy has gone from looking cutely shaggy . . .







To slightly more well kept . . .







I also had some blood work done and the Doctor says I need to eat something other than seafood once in a while, relax loads more, work less, exercise more, and eat more salt. But that's a story for another day!

Today all three of us traveled to Calgary in preparation for our flight to the Toronto casa tomorrow (yaaaay!!!). We gave ourselves a day long buffer in case of mountain delays. Good thing we did too because we spent hours stuck on a mountain pass.




At first I thought maybe there had been an avalanche up ahead but it turned out the bad road conditions caused a head on collision.




Massive mountain vehicles to the rescue. This one had a huge metal bar thing added to the front. A lot of people use them out here - they're supposed to help in case of case of a crash and in this case it prolly saved the life of the people inside.




Crashes in the mountains are always a scary thing. And all the reminder I need to drive to the conditions.

Thankfully once we passed the crash the weather improved and the roads did too! It was smooth sailing all the way to the Westin - where I'm following the Doctor's orders! :o)




See you soon peeps! Safe travels!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope the rest of your trip is safe too!!! :)

Don't freeze in TO!! :)

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Hey now...my "blog neglect" was needed. My brain was preoccupied with psychology and biochemistry exams looming.

Have a great time at home for Christmas :D And hello, I want all of those tasty looking eats. I so need more good Asian food in my life - as much as I like Chinese food, that's all my parents will go for. Bring on the Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc. Mmmmm.

Jocelyn said...

Glad you made it. Those are a lot of orders from your doctor! Jeeze!