Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Hills are Alive

How I have missed you, my blends (blogger friends)!

There are times, like this last little while, where my day job leaves me feeling so drained I scarcely find time to blog. It’s a side effect of reading all day long when I’m preparing for trials.

But inevitably I hear the siren song of blogging again.

And so I return. To share beautiful pictures. Tell you about my wonderful eats. Remember happy times. And feature all the loves of my life.

So let’s take a bit of a jaunt down memory lane, to a perfect summer day deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies . . .

IMG_1179

Where mountain meadows meet spectacular views.

IMG_1172

And wild flowers bloom as though out of a fairytale.

IMG_1155

No one had told us this beautiful place existed.

IMG_1157

Discovering it led to an unexpectedly happy time.

IMG_1160

The trails were so beautiful that for a moment, we thought we could turn this area into our forever home.

IMG_1164

We soon changed our minds. The next year will likely see us return to the West Coast.

IMG_1180

And when we leave, we’ll pack with our treasures the memory of a perfect alpine day.

 

Question: When was the last time you unexpectedly had a perfect kind of day?

1 comment:

Lea @ Healthy Coconut said...

What a beautiful place, I love pretty scenery and nature.

What a cute puppy too...looks so tiny I can fit in my purse, lol.

I'm glad I found your blog. I was reading HLB profile on bloggers and I read yours last week? so I clicked over to your blog.

I grew up in Long Beach but now based in Orange County. Great job on accomplishing your goals soon and running the half marathon in Long Beach. I like to run also but haven't scheduled any races this year because it's a busy year, I'm running a 10K on Thanksgiving so I'm looking forward to that.

Just wanted to say hello and let you know that I checked out your blog.