Monday, December 29, 2008

Limber in the Morning

Over Christmas I saw a picture of myself and realized that my shoulders were raised. I tend to do that when I'm carrying a lot of tension in my shoulders. It looked yucky and honestly it can't be good for my body.

So I've decided to try a new approach. I'm going to incorporate a morning yoga practice into my routine. This morning I will be using "SHAPE long, lean, and strong." This handy DVD came in a copy of SHAPE, purchased in Montana. I have completed this DVD once and loved it! It really limbered me up and made me feel strong.

I don't know how fantastic this DVD would be for a more experienced yoga practitioner but for a yoga newbie in relatively good shape - it's perfect! I think pretty soon I'll look at investing in some more yoga DVDs - perhaps something from Rodney Yee. But for now this is perfect!

source

1 comment:

Admin said...

Great to see someone else pick up yoga! I practice Prasara yoga. It is very rewarding and has many health benefits, plus it's a great stress reliever. To learn more about this dynamic form of yoga, I recommend reading this Prasara Primer review. As for DVDs - anything by Rodney Yee is great! Love his Power Yoga DVDs in particular.