Thursday, March 4, 2010

How Charmed it is!

Hola bloggies!!

How have you been my loves? I've been busy traveling all over the place. After the Olympics I headed to Kelowna (in the heart of BC's Okanagan Valley) for a work thing. It was my first time spending any significant time in the Okanagan and I LOVED it!!

In fact the last week and a half has been brilliant! I'd even go as far as to say it's been good for my soul.

But all good things must come to an end. As I write I'm heading back to the Rocky Mountain casa, and best of all - Daisy!!!!

I've got loads of pics and videos to share with you starting tomorrow. But for now I'll leave you with some pictures from my recent adventures!




Russian Olympic uniforms anyone? They were everywhere in Vancouver! The Russians even had a pavillion where they served vodka and other goodies at swanky parties. Only Russians allowed. True story.




Grilled BC salmon courtesy of the LIVECity Vancouver kitchen. This picture may give you the impression I was a saint with my Olympic eats. Not totally. It was practically impossible - sometimes you just ate what was available.




And look! It's Marianne of "From French Fries to Flax Seeds." she's the one who told me calories don't count during the Olympics. I like Marianne! lol Please also note our silly toques. This kind of behaviour is highly encouraged during the Winter Olympics. So is looking horribly exhausted - it's proof you're having a good time! lol




Speaking of silly Olympic hats....this one is by far the best!!! Cracked me up!! It particularly kills me how perfectly it fits. Good times on Robson Street (downtown Van's main drag) following the men's hockey Gold medal win.




Taken along the Sea Wall in Vancouver. If you ever visit Van via cruise ship you'll end up more or less in this area. My recommendation is to walk the Sea Wall to Stanley Park. You could also run. It's Vancouver's favourite jaunt!




And lastly a picture of Osoyoos (at the southermost tip of the Okanagan Valley) taken from the Anarchist Summit. Random name or kind of bad ass. Either way it's got awesome views!

See you in the morning bloggies!

7 comments:

Amber said...

OMG my friends came home with the EXACT same picture of that dog!! LOL.

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Love the Okanagan, so much greener then desert Kamloops!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Amber,

No way!!!! Ahahaha!!!! We (your friend and I) were probably standing right next to each other while cracking up and taking pics! lol It's a small world!

And yup the Southern Okanagan is totally gorgeous! :o)

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Love it! So glad that you had a blast visiting and taking in an experience of a lifetime! :D

Marathon Maritza said...

Gorgeous! Sounds like a fab trip! Glad you are home safely to your Daisy, prima.♥

A Toronto girl out West said...

Andrea,

It was once in a lifetime! Not really on the sporting side but mainly because the atmosphere was nothing short of incredible!

Martiza,

Daisy is hanging out with me at the office as I type this. She was so happy to see us but I think she misses the other puppies she hung out with while we were away!

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Hello giant bags under my eyes. That's what happens when you take pictures after your second to last volunteer shift. At least the bright blue toque & jacket distract from it ;)

And I still maintain that calories don't count during the Olympics. Especially if you are volunteering and have minimal control over what you are served - sometimes cookies are the only viable option!

Unknown said...

Marianne,

LOL I'm rocking the ridiculously tired look too!!! I blame it on the iPhone camera and the lighting. We look loads better the next day!!! :o)