Friday, May 14, 2010

Sprung in the Rockies!!

Hola bloggies:

I can't even begin to tell you how good it feels to be back!!!


If you follow me on twitter you know a huge (massive really) trial my office had been working on ended prematurely. That means we're back to our usual five lawyers rather than two! After feeling overwhelmed for so long, I feel like I can finally breathe!

And what better way to celebrate than to enjoy the first bounty of spring in the Rockies (and nearby valleys)!






While I forgot my camera, I used my iPhone to share my wonderful day!

Truth be told, I found myself in this valley for one thing and one thing only - fresh spring asparagus!










And Dear Lord was the asparagus gorgeous! Honestly it was absolutely crisp and fresh. Much better than anything I had ever seen at any supermarket!






On days like these I realize how truly blessed I am to live in this area! The sun was shining, the sky was blue, there was fresh produce, beautiful flowers, and I had nary a care in the world!












For lunch I decided to stop at a cute little country ice cream store/cafe. The tandoori chicken wrap was good. But really, this meal was about delighting in a gorgeous Rocky Mountain spring day!






I finished my meal with a small ice cream. No guilt here! This day just called for an indulgent treat.

I think it's official - spring has sprung in the Rockies!

1 comment:

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Yay for spring asparagus! I'm headed to the Trout Lake market tomorrow morning with one mission - get asparagus before it's all snapped up. Wish me luck!