Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Celebrating the Bride-to-be (Part II)

Hola Bloggies:

So after I was pampered and enjoyed a totally swanky afternoon the fun continued.

After leaving the cabana area we headed to a frozen yogurt store located downstairs in the Fairmont Waterfront. Bella Gelateria was absolutely a foodie’s dream! To the owners gelato isn’t just a cool treat. It’s art.

IMG_2207

IMG_2205

IMG_2206

In fact the store is owned by a couple, the male counterpart of which is the gelato maker. To learn how to make gelato, James (the official gelato maker) honed his art at the Italian Culinary Institute and followed that up with advanced master’s training at Carpigiani’s Gelato University. In 2012 James will even represent Canada at the Gelato World Cup in Rimini, Italy.

IMG_2211

IMG_2210

And the gelato? It was everything you would expect. Decadent.

IMG_2212

Eventually we left the Fairmont Waterfront but we did it in absolute style. We took one of the chauffeured luxury cars for a tour of Stanley Park before stopping at my hotel for check-in (The Sutton Place Hotel) before ending up at a Korean restaurant for dinner.

IMG_2215

IMG_2216

While there are other yummier Korean restaurants in Vancouver, Sura has a great atmosphere.

IMG_2217

IMG_2218

My go-to meal at Korean restaurants is sundubu, a spicy soft tofu stew. It’s delicious!

I ordered my usual but made a point of taking a picture of some of the other dishes around the table.

IMG_2220

IMG_2224

IMG_2227

IMG_2228

While the food was delicious the company was better. Living in the Rockies I seldom get a chance to spend time with my friends. This weekend in Vancouver was a rare and wonderful treat.

As we walked back to my hotel I counted my blessings. I truly am thankful for all I have.

IMG_2232

My friends took the time to organize a wonderful bachelorette weekend; It was honestly more than I ever expected.

IMG_2240

(part of the view from my hotel room)

I felt truly loved and appreciated.

IMG_2237

If anything, this weekend made me even more excited for the wedding. We honestly can’t wait to have all of our nearest and dearest there to celebrate our day!

IMG_2234

It’s going be an awesome time. I can’t wait for all the festivities surrounding the wedding day. I get to marry my lobster (Friends anyone?). What a privilege.

IMG_2235

You know in The Sound of Music when Maria and Captain Von Trapp are in the gazebo and she sings “’cause somewhere in my wicked childhood I must have done something good . . .” That’s kind of how I feel.

IMG_2238

I may not have had a wicked childhood but I sometimes find myself wondering what I did to serve all of these blessings. I’m healthy, I have friends, I have love, I have a darling puppy, I have a family that supports me, I have a great career, I want for nothing, and in November I get to live out a fairytale.

IMG_2194

I am ever so grateful.

 

Question: When was the last time you counted your blessings?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this post totally got me tearing up!!
To me, that was the most perfect, wonderful weekend. What amazing friends you have.

thank you for reminding about counting blessings. this past year and a bit have been tough ones, so I forget to do that sometimes!!

ps. what the *bleep* were those big round things in that dish?!?!?

Glad you weekend was magical!!

Jess

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I feel the same as you sometimes that I am just so lucky and I am not sure why I am so lucky when others are not.

This was SUCH a great post- so much delicious food and I can tell it was such a great weekend. The gelato would have won me over by itself. I'm glad you had such a great bachelorette!

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

I spy matcha gelato on that list. Pretty sure I would have been all over that :) Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your friends :)