It's been a while huh? Well the first month (approx) of work for me was crazy. Never in the office. Always in court. Always traveling. Running multiple trials a day. Glad that's over - and I can get back to blogging, amongst other things.
Now despite my crazy work I still think January was a good month. Balance Susan did a great "Lessons Learned in January List"
1) A non-pescatarian diet is good for me. Last summer I went pescatarian and although I felt lighter it soon caught up with me. By the end of the year I was severely anemic and suffering from low blood pressure. I still completely believe you can be a successful pescatarian but I wasn't doing so hot. In my
Doctor's advice I reincorporated other proteins into my life. While I'm not thrilled with eating meat I am beside myself happy at not feeling continually cruddy! It's a work in progress.
2) Power Yoga is my friend. I've recently reincorporated a yoga practice into my life and I feel awesome. My personal fave is Power Yoga with Rodney Yee. It allows me to feel limber and strong at the same time. And the next day my abs hurt!
3) Praying more often makes me feel centred. One of my New Year's resolutions was to pray more and I have been! In fact the Fiance has been praying with me. Those quiet moments really help to put everything in perspective.
4) Just because your work life is super busy doesn't mean you have to feel stressed out. Work is work. I do it to the best of my abilities. And then I come home. In the past I've really let myself get overwhelmed by how busy I am at work. Not anymore - this is a massive step forward!!!!
5) I NEED to run again. I crave it. I've been streching like a mad woman and being uber-kind to my knees. In fact I'm looking for a race. I want to feel that runner's high again.
Not bad for one month into the year! Hopefully February will be even better!
You've seem them on TV! You've seen them on blogs! And in 8 days you'll see them everywhere!!!!
The oh so coveted Canadian Olympic red mittens!!! On one side they feature the Maple Leaf and on the other side the Olympic rings! Cute? Yes!! And they could be yours!!!
(BTW the picture above was taken while we waited for the torch to run by. The glowing coke bottle was given to us by the cheer squad.)
I have one pair of Red Mittens to give away in an adult size S/M! That makes them suitable for women and men incapable of palming a basketball! LOL
Since I want to get these puppies in your hands by the Olympics this contest will only be open until noon PST on Sunday!!!!
To get one entry comment down below. For another entry link back from your blog, and comment below with the URL. And for yet another entry tweet something along the lines of "I want to win Olympic red mittens from @torontogirlwest"
It's that simple!!! So get commenting, linking, and tweeting!!!
Good luck peeps!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone