Monday, April 6, 2009

A Lunch Time Entry

Hello bloggies!

First things first - Meghann's Blogger Bake Sale is still going on. It looks like it's going to be a hit too!! :o) Bidding ends at midnight EST time so be sure to pick out your bake good of choice before then.

Also, someone bid on my cookies (yaaaaaayy!!) which means my mom won't have to end up buying them! lol I have a funny feeling it was one of you lovelies that reads this blog. Thank-you! :o) I'll make sure to make your batch extra yummy!


Now back to the weekend recap . . . .

After my very disappointing breakfast I was starving. Honestly I don't remember being so hungry mid morning in a long time. That's probably because I've been downing Green Monsters for so long.

Thankfully I'd packed a mid-morning snack just in case:


Starvation averted (:oP) I diligently returned to my work duties. I was all about concentrating until the fiance called to tell me that a package I had been waiting for had arrived. At lunch I ran home to see my new toys:


Via Greyhound . . .


But originally from Bowflex!!! Tee-hee! I was tickled pink with excitement at this point. It was all I could do to keep myself from ripping the box apart!!!

And my toys?


Two Bowflex Selecttech Dumbbells!!! They arrived just in time given that I just allowed my gym membership to lapse. I'm turning into an at-home workout kind of girl and I love it!!!

Want to see one up close?


They look kind of huge but they're adjustable and absolutely AWESOME!!! Stay tuned for a full and proper review of these little babies soon.

Eventually I calmed myself down enough to have my lunch. This plate was inspired by my girl Sharon over at Snippets and Bites. She's always putting together these beautiful plates completely loaded down with fruits and veggies. I tried my hand at a Sharon style meal and paired it all with about 1/2 cup of the last of my massive batch of home-made meat sauce:


Dinner was a rare treat for the boy and I - pizza!!!!! On the way home I picked up some pre-made whole wheat multi-grain pizza dough. I started off by topping it with some pesto (love me some pesto!) and pizza sauce:


I then topped that off with heaps and heaps of veggies, one sliced up zesty Italian soy-sausage, and some partly-skimmed mozzarella cheese! Quick and easy, way cheaper than delivery, and better for you too. Score!


I had 1/4 of the pizza and the rest . . . well I'm sure we can all assume where the rest ended up! :oP lol

Later on that night the fiance and I headed to the movies. Dinner and a movie on a Friday night. It felt like we were just at the beginning stages of dating again. We'll have to do it again soon!

Time for me to head back to work . . . I'll be back later tonight with the rest of my weekend and a white-chocolate coconut blondie recipe!

My first ever blondie and I assure you it won't be my last!!!!

13 comments:

Aron said...

yummm everything looks delicious :)

those weights are so cool!!! very fun :)

Sharon said...

Whoa, those are some hardcore weights!!! Wicked cool!

Run Sarah said...

I love dinner & movie on a friday night!

A Toronto girl out West said...

aron,

They are super cool!!! :o) I'm thrilled with the new at home workout. I've even stopped running on the treadmill and now I run outside! I love it!!!

Sharon,

lol Thanks! They're my newest and currently most loved toy (not counting the e-ring of course)! :o)

Sarah said...

those dumbbells looks crazy! can't wait to hear about what you do with them!

http://talesofexpansion.wordpress.com

Krista said...

GREAT weights....and eats....!!!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Run Sarah,

I can see why! I would love to make it a regular thing when the fiance and I both have that night off! :o)

Sarah,

LOL Yeah they're not your average looking dumbbells! But they save a TON of space!

Krista,

Thanks! :o) They're what I bought with the last of my work fitness allowance. I'll have to post a run-down of where I spent the money soon!

Jocelyn said...

looks yummy. How is that green monster. Sounds scary!
I need to get more creative with my food!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Jocelyn they (Green Monsters) are actually really yummy. And you can alter ingredients to make them more or less green depending on your tolerance level! :o)

I did an FAQ on Green Monsters a while back and you can find it here: http://tobethewholepackage.blogspot.com/2009/03/faq-do-green-smoothies-actually-taste.html

HangryPants said...

The pizza looks delicious!

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Those are some hard core looking weights. It's sad, I don't even own home weights. But I actually really like leaving the house and going to the gym, so I guess it's okay :)

Great looking pizza!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Hangry,

Thanks! It was! :o) I especially love how ridiculously easy it is to make too!

Marianne,

Yeah I think when the gym is right it can be a total treat. I used to love going to the gym my trainer owns. It's a private studio and honestly it felt a bit like a spa. The shower in the change room is my favourite shower ever! lol

But here the gym was way busy, lacking in space, and just not a "getaway." So I've moved my workouts to home! :o)

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Pizza night is one of my favorite nights! :)