Friday, April 23, 2010

California Dreaming!

Hola Bloggies:

So this here is a blog post I’m SUPER excited to share with you – but you’ll have to read on to find out why! Winking

Now I don’t know if you bloggies have had the opportunity to visit California (if you’re super luck you may even live there) but there are some very cool things to see.

P1010214

California has Disneyland and California Adventure . . .

P1010341

California has the Santa Monica Pier . . .

california orange

California has lovely oranges that fall just outside of property lines so Canadians like me can take them on their way home (true story) . . .

Karen and giant sequoia

California has absolutely massive Sequoia trees . . .

P1010114

California has the brilliant Walt Disney Concert Hall . . .

P1010269

California has the wonderful (and free!) Getty Villa . . .

LBC Marathon

But more importantly for today’s purposes . . . . . . . . .

California has the Long Beach Marathon!!!! And yours truly will be running the half!!! EEEEEK!!!!!!

You know who else will be there for the Marathon?

Danica (Chic Runner)

Aron (Runner’s Rambles)

Maritza (Marathon Maritza)

Tara (On the GO!)

Kristin (Keeping up with Kristin)

and Nicole (Runner Nic)!!!!

To say that I’m ridiculously excited is a massive under statement!!! I’m also, frankly, nervous at the same time! Happy

So there you have it bloggies – come October 17th, 2010, I’ll be racing it up in Long Beach! Woot woot! Bring it!

 

PS: Anybody else want to join us?

14 comments:

Amber said...

Ummm... MAYBE.

I run my full the weekend before. But I might be up for a half the weekend after!! Hahahaha. I can't believe I'm even saying that!

Keep me updated on flight prices and the like from up here!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Amber,

Ahahaha - I LOVE that you may be in!!!! I'll totally keep you updated!!!!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

Yay!! Good luck! I love California ( at least the more rural areas, and not the over glam fake areas)! You are going to rock it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I bet it will be a gorgeous place to run; I've only been to the near-LA area when I went to visit my aunt one summer a few years back.

-Kristie

Anonymous said...

If I could figure out how to get my butt from Tennessee to Cali for super cheap it would be a bloggie adventure!! That sounds like it's gonna be an awesome trip!!

-emily

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures!!

Congratulations on signing up for the half!! That is so awesome and exciting! I don't think I can make it there from Ontario...I would love to though! I will be thinking of all of you!

Unknown said...

wooo hooo.. good for you!! :)

That Pink Girl said...

So exciting! Hmm, do they have a half...? You're gonna rock this race!

CarolynM said...

OMG! You're going to do it!!! Awesome.

If I were out West I totally would consider it...but I should probably not skip any more 1L than I have to (lol - like in November?).

Maybe I'll think about the Toronto Waterfront half...it's around the same time...hmmm. :))

Rachael said...

I worked in Los Angeles for a month and I loooved it! The weather was so nice all of the time!

That sounds like an awesome line up of bloggers who will be running :)

Jocelyn said...

Jeeeaaalllouus! I wish i could be there! :( Sounds so awesome :)

Nicole said...

ahh!! I'm so excited another blogger will be around!! Cant wait to meet you!!!

Kelly said...

awww YAY!!! That is going to be awesome, especially to do in California! Can't wait to read about your training :)

Chic Runner said...

This is amazing! Glad you are making a trip out here to see us!