Friday, June 13, 2008

Setting New Goals

Yesterday I had an early morning appointment (think 6am in the morning) for a check-in. Think of it as the training equivalent of your regular check-ups with your doctor.

I have been training with Nick for a very long time now. So long that for the most part I train on my own nowadays. I know my way around my programs and most of the exercises. Once in a while, however, we work out together and he checks-up on me to see if we should change my program.

Yesterday, he asked me what my goals were now. I told him I want to do two things:

1) Lose 20lbs

2) Run a half-marathon

The first I figure will only occur through discipline and lots of hard-work. And for the second one to occur I need my body (mainly my knees) to co-operate with me.

And then something happened that I didn't expect. While he was observing me try some new exercises - he kind of laughingly told me that he didn't think I had 20lbs to lose. Cue the confusion! lol I wasn't sure what a statement like that means. Apparently he doesn't think I should lose 20lbs - that it would be too much.

Talk about throwing me for a loop! Honestly, most girls would freak out if they weighed as much as I do. They may even freak out if they weighed 20lbs less. I guess it just goes to show you, different strokes for different folks.

No comments: