Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Homemade Granola Bars in the AM


Not too long ago I held a blogger exchange with the wonderful Jenn from Eating Bender. One of the goodies she sent along was this brilliant book by Heidi Swanson: Supernatural Cooking

It's a great book! Not only for it's recipes but also because it teaches you so much about eating clean and gaining the benefits from super foods. My favourite recipe from the book is the one for homemade granola bars. I change it up a little (I'll post the recipe soon) but more or less stick to it's yummy basics.

This morning I woke up early and whipped up a batch of the bars! :o)

For breakfast I decided to utilize my yummy bars and crumble them into some non-fat plain yogurt.


Rather yummy! Although it would have been over the top with Oikos. lol Thankfully I'm heading down to Montana this Sunday and I intend to come back with a cooler full. I'm hard-core like that!


Enjoy your humpday!

9 comments:

Marlene said...

I'm going to need that recipe, STAT! :) Pretty please!

Krista said...

I'll have to see if I can find that cookbook...the granola looks fabulous!

And lucky you for getting to stock up on Oikos! I'm green over here!

Aron said...

yummmm I really need to try making granola bars at home!!! I agree with Marlene - can we get that recipe!?! pretty please :)

Julie said...

ooooh those bars look SO good :)

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

And this is why I need to get myself on a road trip - must purchase Greek yogurt!

Anonymous said...

I so wishhhh we could get greek yogurt in canada~!!!!

Aimee said...

Those bars look delish!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you like that book :o) The homemade granola bars look awesome!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Marlene,

Hope you're enjoying it!

Krista,

You can order it through Amazon or Chapters.

aron,

Hope you're enjoying the recipe too!! :o)


Julie,

They are good!!! :oP lol


Marianne,

Have you tasted the Oikos? I love that stuff!!!!!

joss,

I'm with you!!! 100%!!!!

Aimee,

Gracias :o)


Jenn,

I LOVE that book!!! Did you ever try the dvd?