Sunday, June 21, 2009

A mi Papa (To my Dad)



It is no exaggeration to say my dad is my rock. He has always been (and always will be) a solid constant in my life.

I never had to worry. I always knew my dad would be there for me . . . no matter what.

He is a strong man. A man of great honour and wisdom. He's someone I admire and want to emulate.

I may not live close to him but I hope he knows how much he is loved. I hope God blesses him always!

I hope he has a Wonderful Father's Day!!! :o)




Running Towards a Half - Update

Wednesday - June 17th

Today was a cross-training day. My legs are still not feeling 100% so I kind of enjoyed the idea of being able to do yoga and weight train instead of going for a run.

Nonetheless I still wanted to get out there and run a bit so I incorporated a short loop around the neighborhood into my cross-training. It amounted to just slightly over a mile which was perfect.

PS: I felt strong during weight training. It was great!


Thursday - June 18th

Thursday I rested. Thursday was great. lol :oP


Friday - June 19th

It has been kind of stormy here lately. All of a sudden the winds will get howling and then the thunder/lightning and rain will stop.

Thursday was supposed to be a 2 mile run + strength training day. I had no choice but to bail on the run (the storm outside told me to) and concentrate on strength training and stretching instead.

I also spent some time icing my knees because I've noticed they're acting up again. In fact the left one in particular is swelling.


Saturday - June 20th

The fiance and I had a SUPER packed day. It was actually a lot of fun and we walked a ton!!! But we still found time to get a sunset run of 2.27 miles. My lungs and upper body felt good. But my knees were suffering. Big time.

I was so slow and I could tell. Kind of frustrating because I was working so hard to keep going. :o(

When we got home I took a ton of Vitamin C (for anti-inflammation) and iced my knee for a good long while. By this point the left knee was visibly swollen. I think I'm having IT band issues again.


Sunday - June 21st

Today was supposed to be a four miler. But my knee was still bothering me. I ran slightly over 3 miles and then called it quits.

At this point I'm afraid to aggravate things. In fact I think I will make an appointment to see the physio. It's probably okay enough that I could keep running (with some pain and discomfort) but I rather deal with the knee issues before they get out of control.

Wish me luck peeps!


That's it for now bloggies. Look for a new post tomorrow! I'll re-cap my weekend activities and show you the results of a super fun and super cute photo shoot the fiance and I participated in . . . I promise you'll love them! :o)


Sleep tight friends!!!


PS: That picture is of my dad holding my hand when I was a baby. All together now - awwwww :oP lol

4 comments:

healthy ashley said...

That photo is so sweet! I love the sweet words you have to say about your dad.

A Toronto girl out West said...

Ashley,

Thank-you! :o) The picture warms my heart!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my God...that is SUCH a touching, sweet picture! I think my heart melted.

A Toronto girl out West said...

Burpandslurp,

:oD I'm so thrilled you liked it that much!!!!!!