Friday, June 27, 2008

Two Days Worth

I presently find myself in a beautiful mountain valley in British Columbia, Canada. I am tired, suffering from a slight degree of heat exhaustion, but over all very happy.

Yesterday was my travel day and it was busy to say the least. It involved waking up to pack, going to my licensing course, running to the gym for quick intervals, running back home to pack up my school stuff, taking a ferry to seattle, taking a taxi to Sea-Tac airport, a plane to Spokane, and finally being picked-up by the boy at 2 minutes before midnight.

Today, we took our sweet time making our way north into Canada. It was a fantastic day but blistering hot! So hot that I ate some stuff designed to cool me down - things that I probably wouldn't have eaten under other circumstances. This is a bit of a vacation after all!

Tomorrow will probably be a bit more of a stable eating day but as those of you who travel know eating on the road, cheaply, and conveniently does not always go hand-in-hand with healthful eating. I still tried though - believe me, I was beyond tempted by the fair in Spokane today!!!

But enough of that, on to my food diary:

Yesterday's Breakfast
  • Protein shake made with water
Yesterday's Lunch
  • Ham and cheese sandwich on whole grain bread
  • One Granny Smith apple
  • Water
Yesterday's Dinner (on the ferry - it was the healthiest thing they had and was sold as a combo)
  • Thinly shaved turkey on a white bagel (in retrospect I should have only eaten half) with mustard and cheddar cheese
  • One lemon lime sparkling water (no calories, no carbohydrates)
  • Two Milano Pepperidge Farm cookies
  • One unsweetened apple sauce
On the Plane (I was starving again by this time)
  • One small bag of low fat, trans-fat-free pretzels
  • Water
Things I didn't Eat Yesterday
  • The mayo that came with my bagel sandwich on the ferry
  • The cheese crackers that came with my dinner combo on the ferry
  • The pop that was offered to me on the airplane
Today's Breakfast
  • One sushi roll
  • Tea
Today's Lunch
  • Half an order of spicy BBQ pork with sauteed vegetables - cooked Korean style
  • One side order of seaweed salad
  • Miso soup
  • Tea
Today's Hydration/Caffeine Break
  • One small skim milk sugar-free vanilla iced latte
Today's Afternoon Snack
  • Half an order of gelato (shared with the boy)
Today's Dinner
  • Half a glass of home-made Huckleberry Lemonade
  • Two slices of thin-crust wood fire oven pizza with no mozzarella but a small amount of smoked goat cheese, caramelized onions, and a couple of morsels (really almost none at all) of Spanish chorizo
  • Half a small cardamom, orange, oatmeal, raisin cookie
Things I didn't Eat Today
  • The funnel cake that was calling my name at Spokane's Riverside Park
  • The ice cream that was calling my name, also at Spokane's Riverside Park
  • The white sticky sushi rice that came with the order of spicy pork at lunch
Until tomorrow . . .

No comments: