Monday, April 6, 2009

Blogging Bake Sale TODAY - and a Total Cranberry Crunch Review

Hello everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I know I did! :o) The weather was lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed my run outside with the wind in my face surrounded by a crystal clear view of the Rocky Mountains. Twas gorgeous girlies!

But now it's Monday and that means: Meghann's Blogger Bake Sale is TODAY!!!!

The action starts at 11am EST and ends at midnight EST. Head on over here and checkout the 30 goodies that will be up for auction (and here for the guidelines)! Canadians welcome this time!!!

Remember all proceeds go towards the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. Yummy eats and a great cause!! I love it!!

I'm going to have to keep this post short girlies. I've been having some trouble with my photo editing software so it's cut into my blogging time this morning.



Let's start with Part I of my weekend recap (and let's pretend my weekend includes Friday):

I woke up Friday morning and decided to skip my Green Monster in favour of reviewing the Total Cranberry Crunch sample I received in the mail.


Given it's name I expected it to be loaded with yummy crannies. Not so much bloggies. Not so much. Here is how it looked in my cereal bowl:


I was sorely disappointed in the cranberry flavour in this. It was negligible at best. In fact before I ate this bowl I threw in a small handful of my Ocean Spray dried cranberries. It made it much better?

Overall review? I would not buy this again nor would I recommend it. Besides being low on cranberries it tasted high in sugar. In fact I would describe it as too sweet for my taste (but mind you I don't eat particularly sweet things for breakfast). I also found that the cereal failed to keep me full. I was starving by the time lunch rolled around. Plus the nutritional information shows that one serving (without milk of choice) has 190 calories and 44 grams of carbs. Sure it's high in protein (4 grams) but that doesn't make up for the fact that if I ate this for breakfast I'd be loading up on more food pretty shortly thereafter.

Sorry Total. :o( Thank-you for the sample but I don't think I'll be buying this again. I want more bang for my morning caloric intake!

Time to head off bloggies - I'll be back later (at lunch) with more! Don't forget to bid!!!

6 comments:

Run Sarah said...

I saw that in the grocery shop...now I know to avoid, thanks for the review!!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Run Sarah,

No problem! I have a funny feeling health conscious food bloggers (particularly those that run or train hard) wouldn't find much value in this cereal either.

Maybe okay for kids (less sugary than some others) but not most people that read this blog. :o)

jlc said...

I LOVEEE the Post Almond Cranberry Crunch.


If you love that you'll def love my recommendation! Do it. You won't regret it. ;)

A Toronto girl out West said...

jlc,

lol :o) It's like we're playing devil's advocate!

Julie said...

that stinks! you shouldnt have to add your OWN cranberries to cranberry cereal..

A Toronto girl out West said...

Julie,

I'm with you! But I really thought it needed it.