Friday, December 14, 2007

Over 100K? Check!!

This past year I've worked on turning myself into a runner. I've had a couple of false starts, mainly due to past injuries. There's been a lot of re-habing along the way, and thoughts that I would never be able to run like those people you see out and about in every neighbourhood.

But somehow.............I've done it!!! I'm slowly but surely turning myself into a runner. I owe this to a couple of things: a lot of hard-work, my trainer - Nick, and my Nike+ system. And so I've finally hit a milestone moment - in the last couple of months (since I started using my Nike+ system) I have managed to log over 100km!!!!!! Yaaaayyy me!!!!

And this past November 15th - I even ran a birthday 10K in honour of my 27th birthday! Why? Because I could! Because I had come so far....and it was a celebration of me. It, admittedly, wasn't the prettiest of runs but I made it all the way to the end. And I was proud.

I'm proud today too. Yaaay me!! Slowly but surely, I'm becoming a runner! And it feels great!!!

NOTE: Picture courtesy of Nike via another blogger

No comments: