Monday, January 12, 2009

Want to Stick to your Gym Routine? Workout First Thing in the Morning

It's 6:30 and I'm about to scamper out the door ('cause when it's this early I don't so much stride or walk as scamper) and head to the gym; all in an attempt to re-claim my old routine of working out in the morning.

Trust me. Working out in the morning means you stick to your plans! If you manage to get out of bed that is. In my experience, when I try to work out later in the day, life gets in the way. There's always work, chores, or miscellaneous things that pop out. But the morning time is all about me.

And so this is the way it's going to be (again) from now on. Morning workouts. A guaranteed way to get me to the gym. And what about those days I want to stay in bed? Well I set up multiple alarms away from arms reach, I leave my gym bag packed, and my gym clothes out on my bedside table.

Off I go . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Here is a great article about motivation
in the gym. It helped me!

http://emergevictoriousoverfat.com/2009/01/exercise-as-power-source/

Sunny said...

I think you're right. If I workout in the morning, I'm careful the rest of the day about what I eat... I don't want to undo my hard work.