Monday, March 16, 2009

A.M. Yoga - for my week

Good morning everyone!

I did indeed "bake" my raw macaroons yesterday. I spent my late Sunday evening putting the recipe together and watching the last season of Sex and the City (on DVD). It was a lovely chill way to end my weekend!

But now it's Monday and this week I've decided to change my workouts up a bit . . .

You see lately I've been feeling kind of stressed out. I've been getting some migraines and I feel myself carrying some tension in my shoulders. The Doctor says that it's all related to my work and has nothing to do with my level of health. I'm a lawyer and a criminal one at that. On a daily basis I am faced with all of the bad stuff that most people get to blissfully ignore in their lives. I love my work! But I need to start doing more to release all of the toxins that I accumulate during the day.

So here's the plan for this week:


1 - I will wake up every morning and do Rodney Yee's "A.M. Yoga for your week" - there are five, 20-minute morning yoga sessions that should help to limber me up and get on with my day

2 - I will go out for walks during my lunch - no more nibbling on eats while I work on files

3 - I will track all of my workouts here! If you don't see them then harass me - feel free to keep me accountable!

4 - I will up the intensity of all of my workouts

5 - I will not skip my workouts

So there you have it! :o) Now if you excuse me I have to go downward dog! Make sure to check back later for the macaroon recipe - Happy Monday!

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds like a great plan!! =D

Unknown said...

The plan sounds great! I will bug you if I don't see a workout! You said I could remember!
Diana
http://strawberryshortstuff.com

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Hopefully the yoga helps relieve some of the tension. I can imagine that working as a criminal lawyer can be pretty stressful. Heck, I would think any lawyer job would be.

Waiting (im)patiently for your macaroons :D

A Toronto girl out West said...

Sharon,

Thanks! I'm hoping it will work! :o) So far so good for today!

Diana,

LOL Alright then! :oP I'm counting on you!!!

Marianne,

I think it will. This morning's yoga helped. I may start doing some in the evenings too.

And I'll make sure to post the macaroon adaptation tonight! Mine is without coconut oil (I still haven't been able to find any here) but I'm sure they're even more awesome with the right ingredients! :o)

Kristie said...

Great workout goals. They sound quite do-able to me. Best of luck with them! I should try getting into yoga one of these days, I'm a giant stress ball lately from school.

A Toronto girl out West said...

Kristie,

Thanks! I figure I'll set doable goals and progress from there. Today went really well! :o)

And I hear you on being a stress ball. When I get really bad you can tell by looking at my shoulders. They ride high! lol

Thankfully I didn't allow myself to hit that level!

Jenn said...

Those macaroons look GREAT! As do your plans for the week :o)

Thanks for the shout out!

Unknown said...

The macaroons look delicious - thanks for sharing all the details.

Unknown said...

(That was Hangry Pants Heather)

A Toronto girl out West said...

Jenn,

You're welcome!

Hangry Pants Heather :oP

It was my pleasure!