Monday, March 23, 2009

On top of the World

Morning bloggies!

Please excuse my absence from the foodie/healthfulness blogosphere yesterday. I was actually quite sick pretty well most of Saturday night and felt weak as a result on Sunday. Due to my sluggish state of being blogging wasn't on top of my list. Neither was eating for that matter.

Having said that by the evening I was feeling much better so I baked and came up with a ridiculously light and yummy banana bread recipe that involves three of my favourite things: almonds, bananas, and coconut flakes!! I promise to post the recipe here soon! :o)

For this morning though I thought I would share with you one of my favourite pictures. It's a picture that was taken of me after I ran my first (and only race) last year. It was the Time's Colonist 10K in Victoria. I was beyond thrilled with myself! Running was something that hadn't come easily to me.

Finishing the race was so very important and it made me feel on top of the world:



I want that feeling back!!!!!!! BAD!!!!

So now that my leg muscles have finally (!) released I plan to get my butt in gear and start putting in some serious miles. I have a half to run in October, don't you know?! :oP

Lates peeps!

11 comments:

Krista said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather!

That is a great photo!!

Sharon said...

ROCK ON!!!!!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Krista,

Thanks! :o)

I'm feeling much too which is the important thing.

Sharon,

LOL You crack me up girlie! :oP

Leah @ Simply Fabulous said...

Thanks for your advice on the half... i'm excited for you that you'll be running one in Oct!

Leah

http://simplyfabulousnow.wordpress.com

Julie said...

cant wait for the recipe :)

A Toronto girl out West said...

Leah,

No problem - I'm sure you'll find one soon and you'll do great! :o)

Julie,

lol Yeah I'll probably post it tomorrow morning. I'm SERIOUSLY impressed with it!!!!!!!! Not a drop of butter or oil but you would never know it! :oP

Aron said...

nothing like that feeling of finishing a race :) its addicting!

Aron said...

nothing like that feeling of finishing a race :) its addicting!

Sarah said...

glad you're feeling better!! i bet that banana bread was the perfect thing to return you to health :-)

i'm training for a half, too - yay!

http://talesofexpansion.wordpress.com/

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Any recipe that involves coconut I'm all over!

And good luck on your half marathon training :)

A Toronto girl out West said...

aron,

Yeah after last year's race I totally knew why people race time and time and time again!

Marianne,

You'll love it! Seriously yummy and full of coconuts! :o)

Sarah,

Wahoo for your half! When is it?