Monday, March 30, 2009

Eighty-Five Reasons for my Tummy to Love me!

Happy Monday everyone! :o)

You may have noticed that there was a distinctive lack of meal recaps last week. That's because for about a week I'd been fighting a stomach bug of some sort (boo!). My meals mostly consisted of really bland stuff in an effort to keep my tummy happy.

I was so sick, I even called in sick on Friday. Given the massive pile of files on my desk, you know it was serious!

Pretty well all of my weekend was spent in pain and sick. But thankfully by Sunday I was better. After a week of being sick I was plain old out of good eats. So I headed to the grocery store and picked up 85 reasons for my tummy to love me:

This week's total: $85.79! Overall not bad for such a large shopping trip. It's not usual that I go and pick up everything under the sun.

What was in my haul?


One bag of frozen tropical fruit mix and another one of mangoes (these are for my Green Monsters), a large bag of organic flax seeds, one container of mushrooms, a big bag of blanched almond slivers, a huge bag of white chocolate (so I can bake cookies for the winner of the bake sale, 2 bunches of bananas, one bunch of Kale, a large bag of grapes . . .

four tomatoes, one (now that I look at it) kind of sad bunch of rapini, one red pepper, 5 apples, a big bag of spinach . . .


one box of fat-free 50 calorie yogurts, one package of smoked tofu (how I love thee!), one package of veggies spicy Italian sausages, one package of organic chicken thighs, one box of Yogi Lemon Ginger tea (good for the tummy!), one tub of Kefir yogurt (also good for the tummy).

Whew!!! That was a big shopping expedition :o) This week I'll try to stay away from too much meat. Or at least until my stomach feels 100% better. Speaking of better . . . you can expect the return of meal recaps. I promise to make them purty for you! lol


And in other wedding related news . . .

I spent some of my sick time contacting wedding photographers. I've been known to stalk photography blogs like it's my full time job! :oP

In fact out of our whole budget photography will be the biggest chunk. I want spectacular pictures! Fall off your chair amazing! Gee this photographer made me look awesome pictures!

Well I contacted my dream photographers (Chris+Lynn of Vancouver, Canada) and braced myself for them to be waaaaaaaaay out of my destination wedding budget. Guess what!??! THEY'RE NOT!!!!!!!!!!! I just about died! DIED!

Want to see one of their pictures? Hold on to your seats - Chris+Lynn are artists:


Barring any unforeseen circumstances they will be my wedding photographers and I couldn't be more thrilled!!!!!!!

Head on over to their website and check out their portfolio - it's eye candy at it's very best!

Until later . . .

14 comments:

Sarah said...

ick, bus are the worst!! glad you're feeling better.

that photo is gorgeous -- so cool that they'll do your wedding!

http://talesofexpansion.wordpress.com/

Sarah said...

ummmm, bugs are the worst, not bus!

Krista said...

Great grocery haul and love the wedding photo!!!

Run Sarah said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better! I checked out their website when I was searching and loved their work too...I am going with Ellen Ho (ellenho.com) for my wedding!

http://runsarah.wordpress.com

Sharon said...

Oh wow, they sound awesome - hoorray!!!!

AND DUDE, I WANT YOUR HAUL! =D

A Toronto girl out West said...

Sarah,

Aren't they amazing!?!? I've been in LOVE with their work forever!!! And I'm thrilled that I can get them!! :oD

Oh and bugs are the worst but buses can also sometimes be bad! lol

Krista,

Yeah I got lots of goodies. I kind of got a kick out of all the healthy stuff in my fridge afterwards.

Run Sarah,

I saw the picture you posted on the 7 things you love. It's great!! And in fact I noted the photographer and went and googled her! lol

Had I not been in love with Chris+Lynn's work (and for so many years) I'd probably consider her. You must be excited!!!

Sharon,

They are AMAZING! I was so excited I could barely contain myself! lol

Priyanka@thehealthydiary said...

I dropped into say a Hi from Leah's blog and I am happy that I did cuz your blog is great.
The engagement ring is phenomenal and I am sure your wedding photos will turn out awesome!

http://priyankalovesfood.wordpress.com

A Toronto girl out West said...

Priyanka,

Awww . . . my blog and I are very flattered! :o)

Thank-you so much for dropping by. I hope you'll become a regular!

And thank-you for the compliments on the ring too! :oD

Julie said...

food shopping <3 hahaha
aww that photo is gorgeous! that would be so fun for them to do your wedding!!

postie said...

they will be my wedding photographers

should read

they will be our wedding photographers.

Just teasing

A Toronto girl out West said...

postie,

LOL Yes I guess in some way it's OUR wedding photographer! :o)

Kristie said...

Congraaaats on getting the wedding photographers of your dreams within budget! How sweet of a deal is that?! And their photos look complely gorgeous :)

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

It's totally worth it to get a great photographer. You want to have awesome photo memories of the event, because let's face it, you won't remember every little thing. My friend had an amazing photographer for her wedding, and their pictures were phenominal :D

Too bad about the stomach bug. Sounds like it's sick time for alot of us!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Kristie,

Thanks! I've admired them for so long I'm beyond excited. :o) Wohoo!!!

Marianne,

I'm totally with you! Once everything is said and done the only things that will live on are the images. The memories will fade. But the images will still be there! :o)

Who was your friend's photographer?