Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's all About the Small Things

Hola amigos!

I'm on another one of my adventures again. This time the purpose of my trip is business not pleasure but that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun and live it up a bit.

With that in mind I've checked into my temporary home for these three days. It's a beautiful place called The Highland Lodge located at Kicking Horse Resort just outside of Golden (British Columbia). Last time I was up this way I checked out the rooms here and loved them!




The Lodge itself is a rustic log cabin. The owners of the place used to own a fair trade furniture company. As a result the place is full of wonderful carved pieces. You can really tell the place is a labour of love.

Did I mention my room has a jacuzzi tub?




But by far my fabourite thing about this place is the glorious view!!!!!




I took the above picture from my private balcony; all the room's have them. Another sweet touch!

Lest you think this food blogger forgot all about the eats :oP





I did partake on some of the yummy eats from the adjoining pub. While the menu is full of traditional pub fare there are also some mote inventive dishes.

I have to admit I worked on files while I waited for dinner. Still I would ocassionally take a break to soak in the patio atmosphere.




My dinner consisted of a grilled piece of salmon on a bed of mint tomato quinoa. So in other words something I would likely to be at home.




While the salmon was kind of overcooked my meal was still on the whole pretty yummers! :o)

After dinner I continued to work on the patio until the mosquitos just about ate me alive - eek!! When I finally came inside I drew a bath and relaxed.

Which brings me to now! :o)

But don't get the wrong idea - it's going to be a very long night and a ridiculously early morning. Which to be frank is why I try to sneak in the good stuff whenever I can. :o)

I'll check in with you tomorrow night bloggies. Wish me luck!

Hope all of you have a happy hump day!

-- Post From My iPhone

3 comments:

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Even if it's a work trip, have some fun :) Good luck tomorrow - and watch out for those mosquitos. Don't want to get bird flu!

Marlene said...

Awesome that you are making the most of your business trip. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!
Wow- you can post from your iPhone? You've got skills! :)