Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Blogger Interview and Day One

A short while ago That Pink Girl sent me a blogger interview. I'm excited to finally get to play along?

What's that? You want to play too!??! Okay here's how you participate:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."

2. I will respond by sending you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Now on to my interview . . .
1. What is your ideal meal?

My ideal meal is one that has a variety of textures and taste dimensions. Ideally it would be uber yummy but leave me feeling relatively light. Which basically means meat and potatoes are out but sushi is in!!! My favourite kind of sushi? Spicy tuna rolls! Mmmmm . . . especially if they come from my favourite sushi restaurant in the whole world - Tamami!

2. What is your earliest memory as a child?

It comes from when I was just shy of two years of age. I was playing hide and seek with my cousin. Somehow he accidentally closed the door on my finger. Boo! Apparently I cried and said "mi dedo!!!!!" (translation: my finger) and ran to my parents. They think it's a tad hilarious that this is my first memory.

3. If you were taking a visitor on a tour of Toronto, what 3 places would be on your "must not miss" list?

Front Street - I would tell a visitor to walk it from the CN Tower to the St. Lawrence Market. In doing so they would get to pass by the CN Tower, the SkyDome, beautiful Union Station, the Royal York hotel, the architectural marvel that is BCE place, the Hockey Hall of Fame, some beautiful heritage buildings, and then finish off at the foodie haven of St. Lawrence Market.

Kensington Market - Next I would tell them to visit Kensington market. Not so much for the food (it's a bit of a mix of an outdoor market and a lot of small colourful shops) but more for the cultural diversity. Toronto is the world's most multicultural city and in Kensington market it shows! It's where I go to get my ethnic hit!

Niagara Falls - while technically not in Toronto it's a MUST SEE! Besides it's basically a tradition. Visitor to Toronto? Head to Niagara Falls!

4. Name one thing you would like to accomplish in the next 3 years.

Run a half marathon, reach my ideal weight, hike up a mountain

5. If you won a round trip ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Oh this one is a toughie. I LOVE to travel!!! I would probably choose the most remote and expensive trip I could come up with - just to make it really worth-while. I've always wanted to take an expedition to Everest Base Camp (I figure it's the closest I'll ever get to the top) so I'd probably go there.

Oooo those were some great questions!! Thanks That Pink Girl! :o)

Now for what I ate today - I thought about telling you but decided to show you instead:














Breakfast was 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, some veggies, a turkey nibbler, and a handful of Kashi crackers.














Lunch was one tofu square (I cooked two but only ate one) marinated in terriyaki sauce with 1/2 a cup of brown basmati rice and some sauteed veggies.



Afternoon snack was one whole wheat waffle with a smear of pure almond butter (unlike mass market peanut butter it doesn't contain chemicals, so it doesn't spread as well) and one apple. When I ate it I sliced the apple and put the slices on top of the waffle. Favourite food all day long.



Dinner was a big salad with some incredibly low fat vinaigrette, tomatoes, apple slices, sunflower seeds, red onion, lettuce, and one serving of baked salmon with pesto on top.

Verdict after day one? I want bread!! I'm SUCH a carb-o-holic!

1 comment:

postie said...

Thanks for sharing your answers on you blog. Go ahead interview me on my blog. From the sidelines

http://sidelinenow.blogspot.com/