Monday, February 2, 2009

Sometimes Temptation Lives in my Fridge

I find one of the hardest things to do when living a healthy lifestyle is to avoid temptation in the way of food.

But recently I've found myself sharing food with the boy. I love my boy to pieces but he and I have somewhat different eating habits. Truth is I'd like to pretend that I have tremendous amounts of self-control and can withstand any sugary/salty/(or worse!) carbalicious temptation that is put before me. But alas! I am but a mere mortal.

Previously I was quite successful at avoiding these things . . . I just didn't buy them. If they were not in the house then I could not eat them. To give the boy much credit he's been great when it comes to eating healthy stuff lately!!! The picture above represents my last grocery haul (damage? about $120). The stuff on the right is his, the stuff on the left is mine, and the stuff in the middle and forefront is ours. All in all even his stuff isn't that bad. Usually there wouldn't be Philly cheese or sausage patties in the mix but today was his birthday (yaaay birthday!) so I indulged him in all his favourite goodies.

So what is a girl to do? Develop more self-control, that's what! That and try to reach a happy medium. Sometimes he will want to snack and I just need to make sure I keep healthy alternatives for me around. And so I'll stash loads of fruits and other yummy healthful treats.

I'm learning. I'm not indulging with wild abandon. But that might be because there aren't any baguettes lying around. Because if there were . . . oh Lord have mercy! lol

In the meantime - I keep trying to lead a more healthful lifestyle everyday!

5 comments:

TexanCouture said...

I have the same problem, the boy and I live together so I see him snacking on my temptations all the time!

Anonymous said...

its so hard with a boy! they just eat so differently from us and the food reacts completely opposite i feel like! its hard, but you've got that self control girl!

postie said...

Ah yes the celebration for the boy. He must be at least a quarter of a century is he not?

A Toronto girl out West said...

Texan and ashley:

I'm glad to see someone understands!! Take today for example, there is cheesecake in the fridge! CHEESECAKE!! Heaven help me! :oP

Postie:

Yes he is! :o) Although I don't talk that much about the boy. He's still a little weirded out by the whole blogging thing!

LessLisa said...

It's SO hard when other people in the house eat so differently than you. I have my husband (who is skinny as a stick) and two small daughters who are always looking for 'snacks'.

Just wanted to say thank you for your recent comments on my site, and yes, I'm in a MUCH better place than a couple of days ago. Hate those days.