Monday, February 16, 2009

Top o'the Morning to you!

Good morning boys and girls!

So I woke up nice and early today, all ready to get going on my day. And of course how could I start my day without updating my blog for your reading pleasure.

Unfortunately, my food journal update will have to wait until a bit later today. Picasa (my favourite editing software) is being a royal pain. For the last couple of days I've had a terrible time uploading my food pictures; clearly Picasa is not a fan of CFW! So I'll edit those and update you on Day Six later.

But before I head on my day I wanted to talk about something that's been bothering me a smidget. And that's that the presumption that because I eat a certain way I'm on a diet. The D-word has many connotations and I don't really love it. It seems to imply that you're depriving yourself. That you're hungry all the time. That your food is not very tasty. That it's only temporary.

Actually when people say things like that it makes me sad. I eat the way I do because it's good for me. In fact I often think my eating habits should be even healthier! Food fuels my body but I also enjoy it. I don't always deny myself rich goodies. But I indulge in them in moderation. I firmly believe that balance is the key to success in healthfulness.

The way I eat is reflective of my life-style. Diets are temporary. Three years ago I chose to change my life for the better and in the process I gave up pastries, white bread, and buttery sauces. At least most of the time.

But I'm okay with that. And my food IS very yummy! Maybe I need to start ramping up the creativity and showing you better pictures. I would like people to realize that eating healthfully does not have to mean depriving yourself of all that is tasty in the world!

And on that note - stay tuned later on today for a twist on breakfast oatmeal. Also, I think I'm going to tinker with some ingredients to see if I can recreate a Key Lime Pie Larabar. Num num num num!! :o)

On with my day! Hope my American readers have a fantabulous day off (PS: I'm kale-green with envy!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just started my own version of CFW :) hope it goes well like yours is!

Simple and Divine said...

Thank you S0 much for your beautiful comment. Your words were so healing and provided such warmth in my heart. Honestly, you are a gem. <333

A Toronto girl out West said...

ashley:

I'm sure it will! :o) Do you have a blog?

Simple and Divine:

You are most welcome - you're still in my prayers! :o)